Property Developer Hui Ka Yan Loses Top Spot On New Forbes China Philanthropy List
Real estate billionaire Hui Ka Yan lost the top spot for the first time in three years on the latest Forbes China Philanthropy List published on Tuesday.
Hui was surpassed by Alibaba’s Jack Ma; Hui fell to No. 2.
The 2021 Forbes China Philanthropy List measured cash giving in 2020 and includes donations made by individuals as well as their main business. Ma donated the equivalent of $500 million and Hui donated the equivalent of $470 million.
“Tech industry leaders account for a large share of China’s billionaires, and are also some of the country’s leading donors,” said list compiler Elaine Mao.
Other prominent listees on this year’s ranking include billionaires Tencent CEO Ma Huateng and ByteDance CEO Zhang Yiming.
Here’s the top 10 below in English. Click here for the full list of 100 names at ForbesChina.com.
($1 = 6.47 yuan)
1. Jack Ma, Alibaba, 3.23 billion yuan
MORE FOR YOU
2. Hui Ka Yan, Evergrande Group, 3.04 billion yuan
3. Ma Huateng, Tencent, 2.6 billion yuan
4. Yeung Kwok Keung and family, Country Garden, 2.39 billion yuan
5 . Zhang Yiming, ByteDance, 1.22 billion yuan
6. He Xiangjian and family, Midea Group, 680.1 million yuan